Monitor, manage and optimise your Victron Energy systems remotely and catch potential issues early by setting alerts and alarms. With the most up-to-date Remote Monitoring solution on the planet, you are always in perfect control, from anywhere in the world.
To connect your system to the VRM portal, there are two separate steps that need to be take first. Firstly, you will need to create a VRM user account, you can do this here. And secondly, you will need to pair the installation with the account you have just created.
A single user can have access to several installations and it is also possible that each installation can have several linked users.
- A computer that is connected to the internet
- The VRM Portal ID, this will identify your system uniquely.
Step 1 – Create a user account
- Click here to register for a VRM account
- Click ‘Register for Free’
3. Complete the requested information
4. You will then receive a confirmation email with an activation link.
You have now created an account , next click add installation to continue paring an installation to the account.
Step 2 – Add an installation to the user account
Note: make sure the the system has started to comminate with the VRM portal. If using an off-grid installation where a SDCard or USB Stick, first upload the data file.
Adding an installation is only possible after the VRM portal has received the first data transmission of the system.
How to add an installation:
- Select the product you want to add
2. Enter the IMEI or Mac Address number for one of the VGR, VER or GX device products
3. Click ‘Add’ and your device is now paired with your VRM user account.
If you are the first user to add this installation to your account, automatically you will have the Admin rights for the installation. Any subsequent users that add this installation to their account will become a ‘normal’ user and will be unable to change any settings. The Admin user for the installation can assign Admin rights to other users on the Settings page.
4. The first page will be as below:
Step 3 – Configure the installation
Once in the settings tab, only visible for installations at which you have admin rights, goo through the following settings:
- GSM Number: useful to save the GSM number of the sim card of a Victron Global Remotes. The only function of this field is to keep it in a safe place, nothing else.
- Description: Name / description of the installation
- Useful for accounts that many installations. for example a hybrid generator rental company with four depots, you can add the tag of the depot to all installations. Then in installation overview you can filter on these tags.
- Set the location by dragging the cursor to the right place. This automatically sets the time zone that is used for all x-axes on the graphs as well.
- Configfure which users are admin and which are not
- Invite new users tot this installtion
Don’t forget to install the VRM app on your phone. Its available free on both Apple and Google Play stores.